Visa & Work Permit Overview

Our international visa attorneys explain the procedures for obtaining visas and work permits, including which countries are exempt from visas. Below is a brief excerpt from this section:

  • You generally must obtain a visa prior to travel to Spain. Exemptions include:

  • Citizens or nationals of Schengen, EU, EEA or EFTA countries.

  • Residents of Schengen countries who hold a valid residence card or a valid long-term visa issued by a Schengen member state, unless marked otherwise on the traveler’s visa sticker. These travelers may move freely through other Schengen states  for a maximum of 90 days within any 180-day period, as long as the traveler possesses the appropriate documents.

  • Travelers that hold a valid short-stay Schengen Visa (category “C” visa) from another Schengen country, unless marked otherwise on the traveler’s visa sticker and so long as the traveler possess the appropriate documents.

  • Citizens or nationals of a country that qualifies for a visa exemption for stays in Spain of up to 90 days in a 180 day period. See the Visa Exemptions section for more information.

This is just a brief sample of the extensive information in the GoinGlobal Spain Career Guide, which is carefully researched and regularly updated by a GoinGlobal immigration attorney.

To access the rest of this content, see subscription options.

Back to Topics