Learn about requirements for work visas and permits, including matters such as the application process, documentation and registration. Below is a brief excerpt from this section:

Other than for EU/EEA and Swiss citizens, work and residence visa and a work permit are required when planning to work in Spain. The Spanish Ministry of Labor approves work permits, permitting a Spanish company to employ a foreign national legally. Once you are in possession of an approved work permit, you may apply for a work and residence visa. A Schengen Visa does not permit holders to work in the country.

The prospective employer must apply for the work permit and obtain an approval from the Spanish Ministry of Labor (Direcciones Provinciales de Trabajo, Seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales) before the employee begins the applications for a work and residence visa at the appropriate consulate.

This is just a brief sample of the extensive information in the GoinGlobal Spain Career Guide, which is carefully researched and regularly updated by a GoinGlobal immigration attorney.

To access the rest of this content, see subscription options.

Back to Topics