Going Global Home Corporate Services University Services Country Profiles Global Store
Goinglobal Collage for Chile



Find a Job
or Internship

More than 16 million listings updated daily




   Take A Look At Our Services
 
Chile
Search jobs and internships worldwide

Job Search Resources
In Chile, personal connections (pitutos) are everything when seeking a job.
Employment Trends
Chile is one of South America's most stable nations and has one of the region's most prosperous and fastest-growing economies.
Information Technology
Chile's telecommunications industry is undergoing rapid change and modernization.
Engineering
Engineering firms in Santiago will face a shortfall of around 15,000 engineers over the next five years and will likely seek to outsource positions.
Accounting and Finance
Auditors and accountants among the most in-demand finance occupations in Chile.
Tourism
Chile is fast becoming a popular tourist destination.
Financial Considerations
Chile is not particularly expensive. Santiago does not appear in any of the major rankings surveys of the world's top 50 most expensive cities.
Work Permits and Visas
A Student Resident Visa is granted to foreign-born citizens who travel to Chile with the purpose of carrying out studies, generally for a maximum of a year.
Resume/CVs
In Chile, submitting a cover letter (carta de presentaciĆ³n) is optional. Nevertheless, it is strongly recommended.
Interviewing Advice
Appearances are important to Chileans so a candidate should make the effort to be well dressed and well groomed.
Cultural Advice
Generally, managers in Chile tend to be formal and conservative. Work is generally conducted in autocratic systems.
Business Management and Marketing
E-commerce and marketing are booming in Chile and it is predicted to continue to grow.
Agribusiness
The food industry makes up 66 percent of Chile's agribusiness, with wood, paper and printing comprising the remaining 34 percent.
Business Associations and Networking Groups
A network in Chile comprises not only professional contacts, but family, friends and acquaintances.
 :: Country Overviews
  Argentina
  Australia
  Austria
  Belgium
  Brazil
  Canada
  Chile
  China
  Costa Rica
  Denmark
  Finland
  France
  Germany
  Guatemala
  Hong Kong
  India
  Ireland
  Italy
  Japan
  Mexico
  Netherlands
  Nicaragua
  Norway
  Panama
  Peru
  Russia
  Singapore
  South Africa
  South Korea
  Spain
  Sweden
  Switzerland
  U.K.
  UAE
  USA
    
© Copyright 2009 Going Global. All rights reserved.